This course is an extension of the Technical Writing Master Course I (TWMC1). We will be teaching students about document management/control on how to manage different types of documentation in a multitude of different corporate and non-corporate environments. We will also be teaching advanced technical writing techniques on how to integrate and develop new graphic designs using a wide range of templates to achieve the creation of beautiful and presentable documentation.
We are digging deep into the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Document Development Life Cycle (DDLC), Language Translation Tools and Annual Reviews (and why they are important pieces to managing documentation). In this course, you will learn about more strategic and modern ways to apply existing technical writing skills with a focus on document management/control, to be used in careers pertaining to government, IT, medical, HR, service, security, application development, software engineering and more.
With this course, you also get 35 FREE Word & Excel Sheet Templates!
Please Note: If you are taking TWMC2, you do not have to take DMMC1 & DMMC2, as they are already included in lessons for TWMC2.
- 5.75 hours of text/video
- Practice Quizzes
- On-Demand Instructors
- Downloadable Resources
- Lifetime access to Certificate
- Access on Desktop, Mobile, and TV
- E.W. Certificate of Completion
- Access to Resume and Job Placement Tools
- 35 Free Word & Excel Templates (To use on the Job)
- Timed Final Exam (Quiz)
- Intro to Document Management for Technical Writers
- Documentation Management & Editing Tools
- Measuring Your Own Productivity (through the lens of leadership)
- Managing Different Types of Documentation
- Document Design Strategies with Templates (Advanced)
- Knowing When to Present Drafts/Final Stage Documentation
- Documentation Project Management Strategies
- Project Manager Collaboration & Scheduling
- Documentation Management Cost and Schedule Estimating
- Documentation of Translation Tools
- Documentation Annual/Quarterly Review Periods
- Documentation Archiving Strategies
- SDLC Vs DDLC
Who is the Target Audience?
This course is for the more advanced Technical Writers who may have experience in technical writing or who have already taken the beginner course (TWMC1) and want to stay in the loop on new technology and more modern ways of writing in regards to technical writing. We encourage anyone new to technical writing to start with our beginner’s course Technical Writing Master Course I (TWMC1), where you will learn everything you need to know about becoming a tech writer and about the tools necessary to begin a technical writing career.
What We Do
We teach you the most important skills necessary to be a technical writer, including how to land your first job and where to go from there. When you take a class online with Embry-Williams, you can easily fit the lessons into your busy schedule. We’re your flexible learning partner, here to help you achieve your goals, your way. Throughout the course, questions are more than welcome—an inquisitive mind is an excellent trait for a technical writer to have.
Cant pay now? No Problem!
It’s smooth and simple
Select Klarna at checkout to buy now and pay later. Spread the cost of your purchase over time with convenient, stress-free payment options. It is easy and safe to use; you’re always covered by Klarna’s Buyer Protection.